iOS 7.0 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Download and install – screenshots
Open this page on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select a server profile. (Be sure to use the official Safari browser. Chrome or other browsers on iOS will fail.)
Select the install button. (If you’re using a pass-code to secure your device, it will be asked now.)
The device will warn you that the VPN profile is unverified and ask you to confirm. Select Install Now.
After the install is completed select Done. You can now install another VPN profile or go back to the home screen by pressing the home button.
Open the Settings app and select VPN.
Select the VPN server you want to connect to, then tap the on/off switch.
When the VPN connects successfully a Status Connected will appear.
The profile refuses to install
Please make sure any old profiles have been removed: go to Settings >General-> Profile to see which profiles are installed and remove them if needed.
How to connect to the VPN automatically?
The iOS IPSec profiles allow you to connect to the VPN on-demand. To use this, please take the following steps:
- On the iOS device, go to Settings > VPN and open the IPSec server you prefer.
- In the settings for this server you’ll see an option call “Connect On Demand”. Enable this option.
- Go back to the VPN screen and make sure this same server is selected as the default server.
- Exit the Settings app.
The VPN will now automatically connect when you open Twitter, Facebook or Youtube or any app or website that opens the twitter.com, facebook.com or youtube.com domains. If you would like to add more domains, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I used a jailbreak, but still want to use the VPN – is this possible?
Maybe. The jailbreak itself does not damage the VPN, but many jailbreak apps do. First, try the normal IPSec profile found above. On most devices with a jailbreak it will work properly. In some cases the jailbreak or a jailbreak app breaks the IPSec VPN. If that happens you have three options:
- Do a full restore of the device to remove the jailbreak, then install and test the IPSec profile found above. If the VPN is functioning properly, re-apply the jailbreak.
- Use GuizmOVPN instead of IPSec. GuizmOVPN is an OpenVPN solution available for devices with a jailbreak applied.